This enhanced Book introduces children and beginners to the magnificent game of chess. Written by a Grandmaster and his student, readers systemically learn how to move the pieces, opening principles, and basic chess strategy. The book demonstrates the educational value of chess using imagination, focus, and problem solving.
Highlights of this book include:
● Hundreds of interactive diagrams that allow the reader to swipe through chess moves.
● 8 chapters covering material from moving the pieces to endgame principles.
● Clear, simple language that both children and adults can easily comprehend.
“It is written in a simple manner that will appeal to a diverse group of people at any age.”
- BJ Armstrong, Former NBA Player for the World Champion Chicago Bulls
“An excellent handbook in which a grandmaster and former US Champion shares the foundation of his skill and technical knowledge. It builds a mathematical understanding of chess and explains to the beginner the logic behind each move.”
- Alex Onischuk, 2006 US Champion
“Splendid! At last a beginner’s resource book.”
- Former World Champion Anatoly Karpov